Easily Decorate a Gorgeous Southern Style Living Room
This gorgeous Southern living room painted in a sky blue color with cream moldings just screams “Welcome Home!” I love how Southern style is all about creating a livable and comfortable atmosphere.
Most of the time Southern style homes have historical influences through furniture, architecture, crown moldings and beautiful artwork. Since this decorating style originated from a hot geographical area, most homes have porches for shade, high ceilings, exterior shutters, and many tall windows and French doors for cross ventilation.
To get a Southern style at home, follow these tips:
- Buy a large oriental rug
- Have lots of chairs, matching lamps and side tables
- Pull your color scheme from nature, decorating with warm and welcoming colors
- Put up art work and photographs that have meaning and are personal to you and your family
- Put up a large mirror to reflect as much natural light as possible
- Have fun with your decorating, not everything has be matching
- Stay away from anything electric and too modern