As a designer, writer, and entrepreneur, I’m obsessed with anything that is luxury, unique, or glamorous! I have a keen eye for style and love sharing all my ideas, muses, and projects with the rest of the design world! I love to travel along with Sophie, my mini Schnauzer whom I take on all my great adventures.
Most Glamorous Photo of the Month:
Find LED Bulbs and Interior Decorating Products on DHgate.com
Tag Archives: furniture
After a dark and gloomy winter season it’s time for us to open up our homes to fresh new hues that liven and brighten up our spaces. A new trend that I love is using citrus hues to welcome the gorgeous spring season to come! Spring is all about a new beginning, so use this rule throughout your own homes as well. Slather on a fresh coat of lime green or even mint on your walls and stick to white for the trim, moldings, and accessories within the space. Pairing this juicy hue with watermelon pink or even lemon yellow makes a mouthwatering combination.
Alisha Gwen Interior Design
Be an outdoor hostess this spring and serve your guests in style along with Mother Nature. Here are some quick tips to make your outdoor dinner party a successful one!
- Heavy metal napkin holders will keep from blowing away when guests arrive.
- Comfortable chairs that are weather proof and UV resistant will provide both style and outdoor durability.
- Create ambience with outdoor speakers that can be placed in your garden in the shape of rocks.
- Dishes in natural shapes are golden touches – try finding some in the shape of leaves or fruit.
- Make a secondary serving area using a bar cart to hold extra wine, linens, salad dressings, and plates.
- Patio heaters work wonders when the temperature cools down at night.
- Keep the bar cart stocked with signature teas and iced beverage to keep your company hydrated.
Bella Grey Designs, Style Hive
Who knew such a design favorite could make a splash in 2013! The No.14 chair also known as the bistro chair makes a stylish and classic choice of seating for your home, garden, and patio. I’ve never come across a piece of furniture that brings with it such a European aroma that instantaneously flips a modern decorated home to a Parisian café fantasy.
The chair was originally designed by Michael Thonet and introduced all the way back in 1859, that’s 154 years ago! He used a unique steam bending technology that required him years to perfect. The affordable price and simple design became one of the best-selling chairs ever made and even won a gold medal at the Word Exposition in Paris. Now a favorite among designers the No.14 is showing up everywhere, take a look:
Ashley Whittaker Design
Schranghamer Design Group
Kate Michels Landscape Design
Roy Campana Photography