As a designer, writer, and entrepreneur, I’m obsessed with anything that is luxury, unique, or glamorous! I have a keen eye for style and love sharing all my ideas, muses, and projects with the rest of the design world! I love to travel along with Sophie, my mini Schnauzer whom I take on all my great adventures.
Most Glamorous Photo of the Month:
Find LED Bulbs and Interior Decorating Products on DHgate.com
Category Archives: Hallways
Ever wondered what it’s like to live on Park Avenue? We’ve got a firsthand tour of this stunning apartment with a drop dead gorgeous wrap around wall mural in the dining room. The rest of the home is a little bland for my taste, but the dining room is what really makes it what it is. Here is a tour of the home:
The entrance features a traditional French gilded console and mirror, antique Chinese pots, Empire Setee, and Argentinian alpaca rug. The wall is painted using a special texturizing technique.
Scenic wallpaper mural in the dining room wins my heart over and looks almost hand painted. A French dining table and savonnerie style carpet completes the whole mystic look.
In the living room there are comfortable sofas, an English game table, custom Scagliola table, English white marble mantel, Majolica pots, and more. The empire side chairs are also very one of a kind.
Touring the office you can see the Louis XVI style desk, custom lampshade, Matisse prints, Chinese paint brushes, and Savonnerie style carpet.
The bedroom takes on a whole different theme with bold red accents, modling, space ball chair, a cowhide, and modern lamps.
Another interesting theme going on in the second bedroom. The designer threw in a mix of Western furniture and accessories along with a Lucite chair.
Decorating with red can be a little tricky but one thing’s for sure – designers say a home must have at least one red room. We’ve tackled this crazy color below to prevent you from making any mistakes you may regret!
- Use inspiration – Before settling on the right red hue, look at photos of other spaces that used an allover red for their walls. Get ideas and try to picture your own home bearing that color.
- Light works wonders – Take your paint chips into the bright sun during the day, does it look the same as it did in the store? Try it out during the nighttime, daytime, in natural and artificial light. Most colors change depending on the lighting so make sure you like all your color’s shades.
- Try it out – Take a sample swatch from your store and try it out on your wall at home. Let it sit for a few days and decide if you could live with it for the next few years.
- Be prepared – Clean up all your walls from any grease and dirt, mask all your woodwork, protect floors, and adjoining walls before starting to paint.
- Mix, Mix, Mix! – Deep bold colors are usually prone to streaking since they have much more pigment than regular colors. Mixing your paint really well can make a huge difference. If you are using two cans, make sure you mix the two together to get an even color all around the room.
- Save – Keep an ounce of paint for future dents, scratches or marks.
We are very excited today to feature the fabulous and much sought after interior designer Jamie Herzlinger as a new sponsor of Better Decorating Bible! Jamie has a hugely respected design firm called Herzlinger Interior Design and has even claimed her name in fashion as well! She was dubbed amongst the top fashion talents by Women’s Wear Daily and the New York Times. Her great aunt even started the millinery department for Mrs. Bergdorf – how interesting!
Her exuberant style in interior design has caught the eyes of clients nationwide. She was one of the designers at the Kip’s Bay Decorator Show House in New York City which we featured many times before on our site. One thing about Jamie’s style is that her classic and elegant interiors are truly are timeless and would still look super chic ten years from now.
One of my addictions recently is shopping at her online store called Jamie Shop where you can browse products from more than 400 top manufactures, request a quote, and get 30-40% off retail!