As a designer, writer, and entrepreneur, I’m obsessed with anything that is luxury, unique, or glamorous! I have a keen eye for style and love sharing all my ideas, muses, and projects with the rest of the design world! I love to travel along with Sophie, my mini Schnauzer whom I take on all my great adventures.
Most Glamorous Photo of the Month:
Find LED Bulbs and Interior Decorating Products on DHgate.com
Tag Archives: decorative
Today I’ve decided to cover a tricky topic that hasn’t yet been brought up on our blog: choosing the right window treatments for your home. One of the easiest ways to do this is to keep in mind the shape, style, and purpose of your overall window. Are you looking for privacy, natural light, or simply want a pretty curtain for decorative purposes?
If you are thinking about preventing light from coming in while maintaining your privacy, blinds may be your best bet. For decorative purposes, they don’t do much but can be easily covered with an additional window treatment like a curtain with fringe trim, a sheer panel of lace, roman blind, or café curtain. Keep in mind that your window coverings should not only be decorative, but practical as well.
Try layering your overall look starting with a shade, blinds, or a simple curtain panel. Then to top it off, add heavy drapes hung from a sturdy curtain rod. If you want a more seamless and sleek look, roller blinds have always been my favorite. I love how they flawlessly blend in with your whole window and are practical without taking away from the architecture and view.
If you want a more customized look you can check out Velux Blinds Direct where you can choose from pages of abstract prints, black out blinds, roller blinds, and more.
Believe it or not, but clutter has recently become a staple in the design world! Making a home interesting, clutter can amazingly set a well-traveled feel to a boring home, if you do it right. To get the look without making your home look messy and disorganized, follow these tips:
- Only display the meaningful items you truly love
- Arrange mix and matched objects so they make sense like a stack of books with a sculpture on top
- Multi-use your objects like vases, and bowls, that can be used for holding fruit or keys. Decorative boxes can be used to hold scarves, or mail.
- Group similar objects together like a collection of trinkets or a collection of small mismatching frames
- Line up items of different heights to keep the eye traveling
- Be creative and arrange items in a meaningful way