As a designer, writer, and entrepreneur, I’m obsessed with anything that is luxury, unique, or glamorous! I have a keen eye for style and love sharing all my ideas, muses, and projects with the rest of the design world! I love to travel along with Sophie, my mini Schnauzer whom I take on all my great adventures.
Most Glamorous Photo of the Month:
Find LED Bulbs and Interior Decorating Products on DHgate.com
Tag Archives: friendly
Transform a plain lampshade and turn it into something spectacular by placing your very own monogram right smack in the middle! I’m all about customization and one-of-a-kind pieces so this simple DIY makes the perfect project for this weekend. Keep reading for full instructions!
- Inexpensive white lampshades
- Spray glue/adhesive
- Printer, paper, scissors
- Search the web for an appropriate monogram to cut your felt out of. Print out the monogram you like and cut out each of the letters. Spray glue it onto the felt and cut out the different letters.
- Find the placement of your monogram by measuring out the middle of your lampshade.
- Start with the middle initial and place your letters onto the lamp shade. The felt will actually stick so you can lightly pencil mark where you want each of the letters to go. Spray the felt pieces with glue and place them back in the correct spot. Erase the pencil marks.
- If you like you can glue some cute trim to the bottom of your shade and… voila!
A North Carolina townhouse got an exciting new makeover by designer Jamie Meres who assisted clients with their new rental home. Since the new couple were living here temporarily and didn’t want to break the bank, Jamie found a mix of catalog finds, Craigslist scores, refurbished items and local finds. I like how Jamie experimented with hues of grey for the walls which is totally of-the-moment for this year, as well as the amazing lamps she found on Etsy. The vintage chairs were all newly upholstered in vibrant and eye catching hues which work great for the summer months. Check it out:
Looking for a unique, budget friendly project this weekend? Why not try out a metallic DIY tree stump table that is not only Eco friendly but also super chic and stylish. These tables usually retail for $495, but you can have your own today with this easy tutorial:
- Sand down your tree trunk
- Prime it and then spray paint it metallic gold
- Let the paint dry and seal it with Polycrylic… and voila!