As a designer, writer, and entrepreneur, I’m obsessed with anything that is luxury, unique, or glamorous! I have a keen eye for style and love sharing all my ideas, muses, and projects with the rest of the design world! I love to travel along with Sophie, my mini Schnauzer whom I take on all my great adventures.
Most Glamorous Photo of the Month:
Find LED Bulbs and Interior Decorating Products on DHgate.com
Tag Archives: flowers
It’s all been done before – bohemian, retro, western, regency – we have had enough! It’s about time designer Ernesto Garcia took us into a world of his own with a home designed with a Victorian garden party theme in mind. Here are some tips to help you get the look:
- Start off with a neutral tone such as taupe or light gray for walls, and carpeting.
- Deep purple and cream are the perfect color combination when used in moderation. Use this hue on pillows, benches, or coffee table trinkets.
- Tiled fireplaces have now successfully swapped your traditional brick or stone.
- Use delicate fabrics like the small silk floral pillows placed on the green side chairs.
- Make way for bouquets and pots of blooming flowers.
- Curtains and rugs in neutral colors with delicate floral prints bring the monotone walls to life.
- Its all in the details – use intricate detailing on furniture like coffee tables and wall shelving units.
Ernesto Garcia Design
Here is a little residential eye candy to start off the week – a stunning Lake Bluff home that kind of reminds me of the homes we saw on Desperate Housewives! It’s just perfect from the lawn to the trees, windows, and shingles. It is a little girly but I have to admit the lifestyle at this home does come off a little surreal. The landscaping was done very well and the choice of trees for the property was dead-on. The large trees in the foreground are Aristocrat pears that are fairly quick growers and provided lots of shade and greenery throughout the year. The home was painted in plain gray and white but what makes it stand out is the pretty pink flowers framing the balcony and a little around the patio. Who knew a few flowers could bring in so much color?
Milieu Design LLC
This year weddings have taken on a whole new look – hotel banquets have been replaced with rustic locations, cupcake towers have exchanged traditional wedding cakes, and even brides have swapped their white gowns for vibrant hues every color of the rainbow. The right choice of décor has also taken a huge leap with creative and exciting finishing touches that can make or break the success of wedding. Weddings are wonderful events that should be remembered, so make your big day stand out from the rest with the newest wedding trends of 2013. Take a look: