As a designer, writer, and entrepreneur, I’m obsessed with anything that is luxury, unique, or glamorous! I have a keen eye for style and love sharing all my ideas, muses, and projects with the rest of the design world! I love to travel along with Sophie, my mini Schnauzer whom I take on all my great adventures.
Most Glamorous Photo of the Month:
Find LED Bulbs and Interior Decorating Products on DHgate.com
Tag Archives: color palettes
Doesn’t matter where you are in the world, you can always take cue from French provincial decorating. This is one of my favorite styles and gets me excited just seeing the amount of color, light, and energy these homes carry. The pics below show some mouthwatering spaces that carry a touch of Marie Antoinette throughout, but continue to be functional, livable, and current. Don’t think only the rich live like this, you can always come across Louis XVI chairs, or other French antiquates in just about any home in France. Some key pieces to look out for:
- Heavy drapery
- Crown moldings
- Blue, white, cream, gold, and beige all in soft color palettes
- Patterned carpets and flooring
- Chandeliers hanging in any room
- Gold trim everyone from furniture to accessories
- Tassels and floral upholstering
- Fireplaces are always the centerpiece in any space
- Damask sofas and dining chairs with tufting
Incorporating any of these touches can bring a style “a la Francais” to your home right from the Riviera! Give it a try this summer for a quick pick-me-up!