As a designer, writer, and entrepreneur, I’m obsessed with anything that is luxury, unique, or glamorous! I have a keen eye for style and love sharing all my ideas, muses, and projects with the rest of the design world! I love to travel along with Sophie, my mini Schnauzer whom I take on all my great adventures.
Most Glamorous Photo of the Month:
Find LED Bulbs and Interior Decorating Products on DHgate.com
Tag Archives: cheap chic
Greet your guests in a fall spirit with these colorful door arrangements. I find this project a cute way to start off the exciting fall season and it’s a super budget friendly DIY anyone can do. Most of the items you can find around your home like soup cans, ribbons, styrofoam and faux flowers.
What you need:
- Two clean large soup cans
- Assorted sizes of ribbons
- Four buttons
- Silk fall flowers
- One block of Styrofoam
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue the assorted ribbons around, center, top, and bottom of can.
- Cut out a piece of Styrofoam and place it into the can
- Insert a small silk floral bush into Styrofoam.
- Cut two long lengths of wide ribbon. 44″ and 28″. You will use this ribbon to hang the cans from the door knob.
- Hot glue one end of the 44″ ribbon to the can 1″ from the top edge. Glue the opposite end of the ribbon to the opposite side of the can 1″ from the top edge.
- Repeat step 5 using 28″ ribbon on the second can and… voila!
The leaves are changing colors, the weather is cooling down, and fall is coming into swing full speed ahead! Switch up your summer décor and bring in a few festive fall colors into your home. There is no better way to get started than with an easy fall centerpiece to get you and your family in the fall spirit! This easy centerpiece I found over at MyHeartsDesire makes the perfect arrangement to put on your dining table, mantle, or side table in an entryway or hallway in your home.
What you need:
- Metal basket
- Artificial Stems
- Acorns, pumpkins, various nuts and dried leaves
- Foam block
- Candle and glass holder
- Cut out your foam block and put it at the bottom of your basket. Fill up the sides with moss and put dried leaves on top.
- Arrange your faux stems in your basket, piercing them into the foam block. Place your pumpkins, candles, and nuts all nicely inside your basket. Voila!
Give your home a little edge with this Persian folk pattern popularly known as the Suzani. I love decorating with this sort of print since it isn’t only a pattern, but also a work of art added to your overall masterpiece. The intricate floral detailing and popular motifs such as leaves, vines, fruits, and flowers brings an instant fun vibe to your space. If you love this pattern and want to implement it into your décor scheme, try toning down the rest of the patterns and opting for a soft palette on your walls such as white, soft yellow or cream.