Lately I’ve been seeing coral everywhere I go from coral chandeliers, embroidered pillows, printed curtains, and now napkin rings. This DIY makes the perfect weekend project for an afternoon barbeque, fancy summer lunch, or just a cute way to brighten your day.
- Plastic Drinking Straws (bag of 200)
- Elastic cord
- Large embroidery needle
- Exacto knife
- Coral/red spray paint
- Cut about 100 straws at different lengths between 1-1/2 inches.
- Thread the elastic cord through your needle (about an 8” length of cord).
- Pierce about 30 straws through the center and thread onto the cord. When you have them all on the cord, tie the ends of the cord together and knot twice to create an elastic ring. Twist the pieces of straw so they poke out at different angles.
- Spray paint your rings with the coral spray paint and let them dry for about an hour and…voila!