Bring your summer back with these amazingly easy to make sea shell book ends. What I love about projects like this is that they look chic but cost pennies! Read on for simple instructions to get you started.
What you need:
- Seashells in different sizes from small to large
- 4 Pieces of 2×4 that are 6” long each
- Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic Coating
- Elmer’s Wood Glue
- Step 1: Glue your 2×4 pieces into and “L” shape with vertical part of the “L” sitting on the horizontal part.
- STEP 2: When your wood is dry, apply your shells to the “L” making sure not to glue them to the bottom or the side that touches the books.
- STEP 3: After your shells dry, fill any gaps with smaller seashells.
- STEP 4: Coat everything with Clear Acrylic Coating, and voila!
BDB Tip: Make a statement by spray painting the whole book end in an electric color!
This post was also submitted to a link party here.