Take advantage of the fall colored leaves this season, and put them to use! Here are two easy fall DIY project to do this weekend:
How to Frame Your Leaves
1) Prep your leaves BEFORE the weekend – pick your favorite colored leaves from your backyard and press them into a heavy book (telephone book is great). Stack more books on top to weigh it down for a few days till the leaves dry.
2) Choose a frame that’s proportional to the size of your leaves and arrange them onto a background of your choice. Use a bit a craft glue to set them into place and put together your frame. Enjoy!
How to Make Fall Candles with Pressed Leaves
1) Set your leaves on a flat surface and brush a thin layer of craft glue (or Mod Podge) onto each leaf.
2) Press the leaves onto pillar candles and brush another layer of glue (or Mod Podge) over them. Set them to dry.
3) Scatter loose leaves or rocks around your candles for decoration, and Voila!
P.S. If you need frames, canvases or candles try looking at Overstock with these coupons.