Welcome to the Nancy and Howard Brown’s luxurious 12,000+ sq. ft. mansion in Cresskill, New Jersey. This ultra-luxurious home is not only huge, but has been decorated in a way that makes it cozy and comfortable as well. With a fully equipped gym/spa, media complex, study, library, pool, wine room, chef-ready kitchen, and more, makes this home “a resort to live in” says the couple.
The home is without a doubt gorgeous and costly, but surprisingly the look is possible to recreate on a smaller scale.
Some tips to get the look:
- Stick to a color pallet of cream, beige, gold, baby blue, and white
- Install some chandeliers like this one for only $40 at Home Depot
- It’s all in the lighting – make sure your home is well lit inside which makes it seem bigger. Pot lights outside also make a huge difference
- Fake a crown molding like this
- Apply fringe onto your couches like my previous post here
- Keep your décor clean and simple, avoid tacky art and furniture that doesn’t match
- Find a few impressive antiques and put them on display
- Invest in a few oversized pieces of art instead of small pieces which look crowded and visually shorten the walls
- Mirror a whole wall to reflect natural sunlight and visually create a larger space